What is cause-related marketing or CRM?
• A valuable marketing opportunity to develop a unique selling proposition
• A chance to link a like-minded brand with a chosen charity and leverage goodwill
• A public demonstration of an organisations socially responsibility
• An opportunity to build trust, customer loyalty and connect your brand more strongly with
your target market
If your organisation is planning a cause-related marketing campaign, then consider:
• What is the marketing initiative and communication strategy?
• Where are the opportunities to leverage internal and external stakeholders?
• What is the duration of the campaign or promotion?
• How will the outcomes be measured?
• What are the donation mechanics? Fixed dollar amount per unit, a percentage per sale
or a capped donation?
** Please note that CCIA requires a guaranteed contribution based on the level of exposure
A CRM partnership with CCIA can provide long-term, mutual benefits. When the product and the cause have synergies, then the organisation, the consumer and CCIA all gain. Working with CCIA on a CRM campaign will assist in meeting your marketing and corporate social responsibility objectives while providing much-needed funding to ease the lives, and ultimately improve the survival outcomes, of children being treated for cancer.
If you are interested in partnering for a CRM campaign, contact our Corporate Partnerships Executive
on (02) 9385 8467.
Spotlight on a CRM partner... Freedom
"Freedom has been supporting CCIA through various fundraising
activities for more than 15 years. We are committed to further
strengthening our partnership with CCIA to ensure it is a perfect
expression of Freedom's values and is relevant and appealing to
our customers, while ultimately being beneficial to CCIA. Freedom's
ranges of specially created limited-edition products are available in
store each season. Over the years we have extended the partnership
in other areas of the business by supporting CCIA in sporting events
and the introduction of the workplace giving scheme, which has been
a success. The synergy between CCIA and Freedom allows us to
raise awareness of the CCIA story. It's a partnership we're immensely
proud of and are looking to continuing further evolving our relationship."
Tim Schaafsma, Managing Director, Freedom