Australia-wide, 124 daring bosses took on challenges for our Dare the Boss campaign to raise over $150K. Dares include:
- doing a stand up comedy routine
- a ghostly sleepover – staying overnight in a haunted hotel
- glass walking/arrow breaking
- a Sydney to Bathurst bike ride
- swimming with sharks
- head shaves and crazy hair
- dressing up – going to work dressed as Wonder Woman, morning tea in drag, wearing a onesie to work, Pokemon outfit dress ups
- holding insects and bathing with snakes
- public speaking
- dancing for 10 hours straight
- obstacle course racing and paintball gauntlet runs
- eating hot chillies
Companies that dared included Microsoft who raised $40K, Erilyan Construction who raised just under $22K and Clayton Utz who had five partners do dares.
Daring research leaders
Not to be outdone, our daring bosses included HR coordinator, Favio Perez, who skydived out of a plane. Cameron Bayfield, Dare the Boss coordinator, had his head shaved in front of cheering (or maybe jeering) staff.
Our researchers got in on the act too with leader of Leukaemia Biology, Professor Richard Lock, getting his hair dyed green and styled in a mohawk. And the eyebrows went green too, to match the company logo. These are crazy people with a big heart. See Richard and Cameron’s hair dares in this time lapse video.
A big thanks to daring bosses
Thanks to all the amazing bosses and their fantastic teams taking part in dares and raising money for children’s cancer research! Our research is improving treatments for childhood cancer, which still takes the lives of three children each week in Australia. These donations will make a big difference to what we can achieve.
Read more about Dare the Boss and donate to the boss of your choice!