Drug Discovery to Personalised Medicine
The Lowy Cancer Symposium brings together leading international researchers, clinicians and industry representatives to discuss the latest developments and advances in the field of cancer research.
After the success of the first two Symposia in 2010 and 2013, the 2015 meeting will focus on drug development within the era of personalised medicine. The genomics revolution is starting to change the nature of medical care, where treatment can be tailored based on the genetic make up of a cancer for individual patients rather than broad pathological assessment.
This meeting will highlight some of the latest progress and challenges in transitioning towards the development of personalised medicine for cancer. Given the significance of the themes covered, the Lowy Cancer Symposium will be of interest to researchers, industry representatives, oncologists and other health care professionals.
The Lowy Cancer Symposium is organised by the Lowy Cancer Research Centre, one of the largest dedicated cancer research centres in the southern hemisphere and Australia’s only fully integrated adult and childhood cancer research centre, with more than 300 cancer researchers from UNSW Australia Medicine and Children’s Cancer Institute.
Confirmed Plenary speakers are:
- Anil Sood, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Texas, USA
- Jason S. Lewis, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
- Stefan Pfister, German Cancer Research Institute, Heidelberg, Germany
- Prof Chas Bountra, Oxford Univeristy, United Kingdom
- Prof Michael Hemann, MIT Department of Biology, USA
- Dr Chris Jones, Institute of Cancer Research, UK
- Dr Preethi Gunaratne, University of Houston, Texas, USA
REGISTRATION AND ABSTRACT SUBMISSION ARE NOW OPEN.
Earlybird Registration Deadline: Monday 2nd February 2015
Oral Abstract Submission Deadline: Monday 2nd February 2015
Poster Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday 20th March 2015