Why run in the City2Surf?
The City2Surf is a challenging and fun running event held in Sydney every year. You can walk, jog or run the 14km course with your friends and family to help cure childhood cancer. It’s a great day for serious competitors as well as those wanting to take part in the world’s largest FUN RUN.
• Race commences from Hyde Park in Sydney’s CBD from 7:50am
• Race finishes at the beautiful Bondi Beach
• Walk, jog or run the 14km course
Why join the Children’s Cancer Institute team?
Team Children’s Cancer Institute is driven to cure childhood cancer and when you run alongside our passionate team you’ll get:
• A FREE singlet when you fundraise over $75
• Fundraising information and advice
• Access to our official tent at the end of the race
• An opportunity to meet other like-minded passionate people
• The chance to make a HUGE difference to children with cancer.
“I ran with Children’s Cancer Institute last year and I met so many great people and it felt so good to be running to help cure childhood cancer.” – Briony
Meet our inspiration – Kanye
When Kayne was born he would scream out in pain at night and vomit when he awoke. A scan showed that Kayne had a mass the size of a lemon. It took another 6 weeks to find out it was a brain tumour.
Kayne suffered through a gruelling 18 months of chemotherapy and another 2 brain surgeries. His mother Danii stayed by his side for every heartbreaking moment.
Kayne made it into remission and is now 7 years old but the treatment that saved his life, also changed it forever.
Run with us to help fund vital research and help children like Kanye.