Joining us as a summer student will give you a taste of what it’s like to be a research scientist and help you make decisions about a future career in research.
We offer five of these highly competitive summer scholarships each year.
Who can apply?
- Students genuinely interested in biomedical research.
- Students who will have completed at least one year of their undergraduate degree in science, applied science, biomedical science or medicine at the time of commencement of their summer placement.
- Students enrolled in part-time or full-time study at any university in Australia.
- International students studying in Australia if in line with their visa conditions.
Summer scholarships entail:
- Work with a research team for six to eight weeks (not including Christmas, New Year or other public holidays).
- A tax-free stipend of $250 per week (5 working days). Children’s Cancer Institute cannot contribute to student accommodation or travel costs.
Applications for the 2018-2019 summer period are now open. Application and referee report forms can be downloaded below and must be submitted by 5pm Friday 28th September.