If your aim is to get fit and look good in 2017, here are 11 events to consider for new year’s resolutions.
‘Lose weight’ and ‘get fitter’ are the 2 most popular new year’s resolutions according to a UK survey. So whatever your preferred exercise, there are plenty of fitness-related events for your 2017 calendar that will give you something to aim for and, while you get fit, help raise funds for kids’ cancer research.
1. Rottnest Channel Swim in Perth on 25 February
2. The Balmoral Swim for Cancer in Sydney on 2 April
3. Lions Fun Ride in south-east Queensland on 3–7 April
4. Townsville to Cairns Bike ride on 27–29 July
5. Endure for a Cure in Sydney in October
6. Canberra Running Festival on 8-9 April
7. Run2Cure Neuroblastoma in Sydney on 4 June
8. Run Melbourne on 22 July
9. City2Surf in Sydney on 13 August
10. Blackmores Running Festival in Sydney on 17 September
11. Janubeard is a quirky initiative where you grow a beard, online or for real, over 1-31 January. This year they’ve created an app – the Beardometer. It will add a beard to your photo so you can see what you would look like with some (or some extra) facial hair. Janubeard’s organisers are generously donating the funds raised to our research at Children’s Cancer Institute.
Check our calendar which will be updated as events take shape in 2017. And have a very happy new year!